Implant-Retained Dentures – North Austin, TX
Replacing Smiles with Function and Beauty
Are you missing all or most of your teeth? Do you already have a denture that slips and slides during your day-to-day life? Thankfully, there is an alternative to traditional dentures that can provide you with unmatched comfort, function, and aesthetic value. Dr. Candace Bruno and her expert team combines dental implants in North Austin with dentures to replace your smile with maximum strength and beauty. Read on to learn more about this replacement solution and how you could benefit from it.
How Do Implant-Retained Dentures Work?
With implant-retained dentures, we combine the benefits of dental implants and dentures to give you the best of both worlds. Using various strategically placed dental implants in your mouth, we can attach a custom-made denture, giving you a smile that is supported by titanium in your jawbone. Your implant-retained denture can be placed to be permanent, or it can be designed to click in-and-out of your implants.
Am I A Candidate for Implant-Retained Dentures?
It’s hard to know with certainty whether or not you’re a good candidate for implant-retained dentures without examining your mouth first. However, implant-retained dentures are typically right for patients who:
- Have a strong enough jawbone to accommodate dental implants
- Are missing all or most of their teeth
- Are committed to a thorough oral healthcare routine
- Avoid smoking or tobacco use
- Avoid heavy consumption of alcohol
- Are willing to visit our practice for routine checkups
The Implant-Retained Dentures Procedure
The process of receiving your implant-retained dentures will start with your dental implant surgery. Small incisions will be made, exposing your jawbone. Then, there will be small holes drilled in your bone to place your dental implants. This process sounds painful, but we will ensure you’re numb, comfortable, and relaxed before beginning. Your dental implants will typically take between 3 and 4 months to completely fuse to your jawbone. After, you will come back into our office, where Dr. Bruno will mount your personalized denture onto your implants for a secure and stable smile.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Implant-retained dentures can give you benefits that you simply can’t get with other replacement solutions:
- Strength: Implants rooted in your jawbone allow you to eat more of your favorite foods with maximum chewing power
- Comfort: No more uncomfortable shifting and sliding. Implants allow your dentures to fit securely against your gums.
- Confidence: Now you won’t have to worry about your denture slipping when you talk, chew, or laugh in public.
- Health: Because dental implants are placed in your jawbone, they stimulate it to preserve its health and strength. This is the only tooth replacement that has the ability to prevent bone deterioration.