Metal and Mercury-Free Restorations – Austin, TX
Safe, Reliable Restorations For a Beautiful Smile
When you get dental work, you want it to do more than just look great - you want it to be as safe and non-toxic as possible also. At Bruno Integrative Dentistry, we understand! We take a holistic approach to your dental care and provide beautiful results that don’t jeopardize your general health. With alternative, metal and mercury-free materials, we provide restorations like fillings and crowns that are strong, long-lasting, and safe. If you’d like to restore the health and appearance of your smile, without metal or mercury, contact us today!
What Are Metal and Mercury-Free Restorations Made From?
We have various types of materials to choose from that don’t include mercury or other metals. Examples are ceramic, zirconia, and BPA-free composite resin and silica, all of which have been shown to be both strong and safe for your oral cavity and general health.
These metal-free options can be used for any type of restoration; including fillings, crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays. To make sure they look natural and beautiful, we’ll precisely match the color to your existing shade so no one will know you’ve had dental work.
Benefits of Metal and Mercury-Free Restorations
In addition to looking great, metal and mercury-free dentistry in Austin offers these benefits as well:
- Metal expands and contracts rapidly when exposed to hot and cold (think about enjoying a cup of hot coffee along with a scoop of ice cream), which can cause cracks in your teeth over time. Metal-free materials “flex” more like natural teeth to greatly minimize this risk.
- You won’t have to worry about possible reactions from metal allergies or sensitivities.
- Metal and mercury free fillings are often times more conservative allowing Dr. Bruno to make them smaller and retain more of your natural tooth structure.
- With less noticeable dental work, you’ll love the way your smile looks and have the confidence to show it off.
What Is the Procedure Like?
After Dr. Bruno has done an exam or consultation and created a treatment plan, she’ll start by making sure you’re completely numb and comfortable. As a holistic dentist in Austin, we also have sedation options to make restorative care stress-free for everyone. Here are the basic steps for fillings and crowns:
- Metal and Mercury-Free Fillings – First, we’ll remove the damaged or decayed portion of your tooth. Then we’ll place composite material into the space and shape it so it looks and feels very natural. Then we’ll use a special “curing” light to quickly harden it.
- Metal-Free Crowns – First, we’ll re-shape your tooth so that your new crown doesn’t feel bulky or large. Next, we’ll take impressions and send them to a dental lab with exact specifications for your crown. We’ll place a temporary crown on your tooth, and you’ll return 3-4weeks later to have the permanent restoration cemented into place.