Do you feel uncomfortable eating, talking, or even just smiling around others because you worry they will notice the gaps in your smile? You are not alone. According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, nearly 70% of American adults aged 35 to 44 are missing one or more teeth. Fortunately, there is a range of restorative dental treatments available that can help rebuild your smile. Not sure which option is right for you? Here is a helpful breakdown of both dentures and dental implants in North Austin.
DENTURES: THE CLASSIC RESTORATIVE SOLUTION
Dentures are artificial teeth and gums that can be taken out and placed back into your mouth. Typically made from hard resin on top of an acrylic base, partial and full dentures are a suitable solution for many men and women with missing teeth – especially those who do not have a healthy and strong jawbone. In addition to restoring the ability to eat and talk, some advantages of dentures in North Austin include:
- Removable – You can easily remove dentures to clean them or if you just do not wish to wear them for a while.
- Cost-effective – Dentures are one of the most cost-effective treatment options to replace missing natural teeth.
- Natural Appearance – Dentures are custom-designed to match both the color of your gums and blend in seamlessly with your remaining natural teeth.
DENTAL IMPLANTS: MAXIMUM STRENGTH SOLUTION
Dental implants provide maximum support for replacement teeth and can restore the ability to eat, speak and smile with confidence. Their strength comes from a process called osseointegration, in which the jawbone fuses with a surgically-placed titanium rod. The titanium implant mimics the natural tooth root structure to provide outstanding support.
Dental implants are a suitable solution for patients missing one or several teeth. They offer a range of benefits, including:
- Long-Lasting – With proper care, dental implants typically last 20 years – or more!
- No Slippage – Because the dental implant fuses with the jawbone, replacement teeth will never slip when eating or speaking.
- Maximum Stability – Dental implants offer nearly the same chewing power as natural teeth, meaning you never have to worry about eating your favorite foods.
- Visually Appealing – Dental implants are custom-designed in a lab to blend in perfectly with your natural teeth.
WHICH OPTION IS RIGHT FOR ME?
As noted above, both dentures and dental implants are reliable solutions to restore your smile if you are missing one or more teeth. Deciding which treatment is right for you will depend on your unique dental needs and expectations and should be made in consultation with a dentist in North Austin.
Living with gaps in your smile can be embarrassing. Replace your missing teeth with dentures or dental implants and return to smiling and laughing worry-free!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Candace Bruno has nearly a decade of experience helping men and women in Texas achieve and maintain healthy smiles. The Temple University School of Dentistry graduate provides a variety of restorative dentistry solutions for those missing teeth. Patients interested in filling in the gaps in their smile can visit the Bruno Dentistry website or call Dr. Bruno at 512-372-8484.